[scribus] Scribus 1.5.0 for Windows users.

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Fri Dec 17 02:05:26 CET 2010

I update 1.5.0 every night on my Slackware 13.0 Linux system using
this script. It may not be elegant but it works:
------------------------------
cd /usr/local/src/scribus_svn
svn co  svn://scribus.info/Scribus/trunk/Scribus
cd ./Scribus
cmake  -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/usr/local/scribus_svn
make
make install
rm /usr/local/bin/scrib5
ln /usr/local/scribus_svn/bin/scribus /usr/local/bin/scrib5

Now for the hard part. Does anyone on list use 1.5.0 under MSWindows?
If so what steps did you have to go through to set up your system to
be capable of compiling 1.5.0?

I am the victim of my own hubris. I boasted that I could create a
cover in Scribus that would not be rasterized and rendered lumpy by
the dominant POD printer LSI. And so I can, in 1.5.0. But I can't
recommend it to others without giving them a roadmap to compiling the
svn version.

I know that it is  not company policy to use 1.5.0 for production. But
it works fine thus far and it is the only version that will produce a
PDF X/1-a format file so it is a practical necessity unless one is
willing to spend big bucks on Distiller.

--
John Culleton,
 typesetting and indexing http://wexfordpress.com