[scribus] Organizing the workspace display OR possible intuitive self help while not annoying those who know more

K.King k.king177 at ntlworld.com
Thu Dec 16 21:16:06 CET 2010

Christoph
I think Marie-No?lle was highlighting that while the answers are readily
offered on the mailing list, maybe some how the software (treading very
carefully here) can / could in some way potentially help (especially new
users) more effectively, by what ever means so that such answers are
immediately either obvious to the user or available directly (in built
help or whatever).

a.l.e.
I know what you mean about annoying popups that warn you about what your
about to do even though you know what you are doing and may have done it
a zillion times before. But I think there is merit in Marie-No?lle
suggestion for when somebody tries to do something that is just not
possible that they should/could be advised directly and a popup is
definitely more effective in those circumstances. And as Marie-No?lle
pointed out those who know not to do would never see it.