[scribus] Organizing the workspace display

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 18:59:44 CET 2010

2010/12/16 a.l.e <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch>

> salut marie-noëlle,
>

> have a look at the bug tracker... i have made a suggestion how a scribus
> could kindly talk to me.
>
> however, i really think that a popup which attracts my attention is the
> wrong way to go. this has been tried many times in other programs and
>
> - i don't like it
> - many (most?) people don't like it
>
> just ask about clipper...
>

> ciao
> a.l.e

I don't know what means you can put to good use to inform the user. A pop-up
might not be the best answer. But I know a user shouldn't be left alone
facing its screen, without an answer or the beginning of an explanation.

I saw your idea about the notification in the status bar. That's better than
nothing, but I'm afraid that is not the first place where users will look
for information; unless you're going to enforce the use of  this area, so it
provides meaningful information whatever the user is actually doing.
Wouldn't it be possible to have a short tooltip when hovering over a greyed
function? Like an ordinary tooltip (the one that appears when you hover over
a button) it would appear at the place where the pointer is, so the user
wouldn't miss it.

In addition to this copy/paste question, I have posted or seen a few other
questions that seem to need answers in the same manner:
 - I cannot see the PDF/X-3 export option anywhere,
 - I have only a couple of colors, and I don't see a way to add any other
and I think one could find some others in the archives.

Marie-Noëlle

--
Une galerie photos, un blog ... pourquoi pas ? Webmaster en
herbe<http://www.webmaster-en-herbe.net/>

Parcourez les Cévennes à ma façon : Cévennes
Plurielles<http://www.cevennes-plurielles.com>

Et toutes mes autres publications à partir de ma page d'accueil
générale<http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com>