[scribus] Organizing the workspace display

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 12 16:51:41 CET 2010

On 12/12/2010 05:07 AM, Marie-Noëlle Augendre wrote:
> With great many pages, I would like to organize my workspace better than ...
> screencopy<http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/CMtc2ZcwHlDS1u95zFUUNlNGi7GPCR9CdGI8j7L96iU?feat=directlink>
> As it is, all my pages are displayed in an only column, so I loose a lot of
> space. And as I usually add new pages at the end of the document, I forever
> need to scroll upwards to get the group of photos, then downwards to drag
> and drop them to the last page.
>
> Is there a way to either display the pages on several columns and/or open
> several windows for the same document.
> I'm working with dual screen, the larger having 1920px wide. Currently, the
> only thing I've managed to do is having the workspace on the big screen and
> the other windows on the little one; but that doesn't improve my workspace
> display.

If you go to File > Document Settings (Fichier > Réglage du document)
you can switch to a Double-Sided (Pages en Regard) layout, which is
similar to what you show on the page above.

The other thing to work on is the size of your display (Fichier >
Préférences > Affichage) adjusting the size of the display (Réglage de
la taille d'affichage). The changes the basic size of your screen
display for 1:1 (100%), so you can make this smaller for a larger
monitor screen size. After that, you can still double or halve the page
size with clicks.

It's also good to learn more about navigating your document. If you
click on the area that shows the current page number, you will bring up
a list of pages to immediately jump to. Instead of dragging-dropping,
either cut or copy a group of photos, then paste on whatever page you
want after jumping to it.

Greg