[scribus] An image on a double page

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sun Dec 12 10:37:20 CET 2010

ciao marie-noëlle,

> > > The question is: can Scribus manage automatically an image frame
> > > on two opposite pages? That means cuting the frame in two parts,
> > > keep them align, and keep the inside margin empty.
> > > If not, I will have to handle it manually.
> >
> > yes it can (well, not really automatically, but it can):
> >
> > - load a picture in an image frame which is to small for it
> >
> > - context menu on it > contents > copy
> >
> > - create a new image frame
> >
> > - context menu on the new frame > contents > paste (absolute)
> >

> Doesn't work for me. I have no "Paste" option in the context menu for
> frame n°2.
> When I use Edition -> Contenu -> Coller (absolu) from the menu, it
> doesn't bring anything in that frame.
> I might have made something wrong.

it must work. it's in 1.3.9 i've tested it.

just one check: you have to use edit > content > copy and not edit > copy (or the corresponding item in the context menu, as i wrote above).

the next question, as craig pointed is to know if you need to do it this way or you should use bleed for it...
it all depends on what you want to achieve (if you want the picture seamlessly spread from one page to the other, use bleed, if you want to continue the picture on the next page with an empty space in between, use paste (absolute).

ciao
a.l.e