[scribus] Fwd: Re: image resolution for web PDF

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 12 02:41:12 CET 2010

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [scribus] image resolution for web PDF
Date: 	Sat, 11 Dec 2010 14:55:39 -0800 (PST)
From: 	randy.pare at rogers.com
To: 	Gregory Pittman <gregp_ky at yahoo.com>

THX, sorry for going on a tangent..

Unfortunately - altering the resolution for the image I have figured
out... but what I can't figure out is how to alter the resolution for
the document/page layout to begin with. Images that can be "stretched"
to cover a full 8.5 x 11 page in MS Word and still be viewed without
getting blurry - those exact same images in Scribus are incredibly blurry.

The wiki talks extensively about altering the export values for the
images when creating a pdf - but nothing about lowering the res of the
Scribus document/page layout prior to placing the image within it.

I suspect I am just gonna stick with MS Word, despite its limitations -
it seems far more flexible, in terms of web documents, than Scribus -
which is as folks have said intended for "printing".

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer me tough, I do
appreciate it. I had been hoping to be able to give my zine fancy
backgrounds [the only real obstacle I have encountered with MS Word, it
refuses to treat backgrounds in a way that will allow them to be
converted properly to PDF]

Take care,

Randy