[scribus] pantone colors

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 10 19:34:06 CET 2010

On 12/10/2010 08:09 AM, vwf wrote:
>> Do it this way,
>>
>> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Spot_Colour_Palettes_in_Scribus
>>

>> Then you wont have to worry about your dubious internet collected
>> information
>>
> Thank you. I tried it, but there are two programs:
> 1. PANTONE(R)_Goe(TM)_digital_libraries_win_v1.2.zip, which is a useless
> toy. Gave up yesterday (needed work to be done).
>
> 2. PANTONEcolorbridge.zip, which works and the files can be imported.
> Used it today and it produces what is needed.
>
> A direct download would be so much better...

We (I) had some direct contact with Pantone, and they made it quite
clear that they do not, they will not give permission for us to
distribute the Pantone palette either with Scribus, or in some other way.

Thus the creation of the wiki page:

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/How_to_legally_obtain_spot_colour_palettes_for_use_in_Scribus_1.3.3.x_and_later_versions

In the longer run, we hope that the inclusion of palettes from other
competitors will eventually get Pantone to acquiesce to our request.

Greg