[scribus] Current Status of 1.3.9 for Ubuntu 10.10

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Fri Dec 10 08:34:23 CET 2010

On Thu, 09 Dec 2010 22:30:50 -0800
Bruce McIntyre <ooga at shaw.ca> wrote:

> Hello, talented and helpful Scribus team:
>
> I'm a bit uncertain about the status of the Ubuntu 10.10 version of
> the latest release.  Some messages say there is a problem, others say
> it is possible to do so if you have Linux Guru Status (which I do
> not).  Where are we currently?  I'd rather wait a bit with 1.3.8 than
> spend a lot of time trying to do the impossible.  :)

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Debian
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Debian#Ubuntu_Maverick_Meerkat_.28maverick_or_10.10.29:

You will have to add to your sources, the repository shown in the above.

Synaptic Packet manager->Settings->Repositories->Third Party Software->
Add

Update your Synaptic (Reload(

You should find the new version in there

If it works, no problem

If it doesn't work, no problem as no harm would have been done

Worth the effort

Owen