[scribus] Installing Scribus-1.3.3.14 on RedHat 5.3 with cmake 2.6

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Dec 7 19:22:09 CET 2010

salut françois,

> Yes, but I've never had so much difficulties to install an application.
> And so little help !
> It's somewhat disappointing !
>
> Note : I can't install a RPM because I'm not root.

you're trying to compile an application without being root and you're
missing one ore more libraries (or at least their headers)! this is
something different than having problems with installing an application.

in my case, you didn't get any help from me, because i thought that you
won't be able to do it. i said nothing, because maybe somebody else may
have had an idea on how to do it.

now, after so much struggling from your part, i guess that it's quite
clear: you can't do what you want without a huge effort or being root.

talk to your admin and see if she can install scribus for you.

have a nice evening
a.l.e