[scribus] Installing Scribus-1.3.3.14 on RedHat 5.3 with cmake 2.6

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 7 19:00:44 CET 2010

On 12/07/2010 12:42 PM, François Renard wrote:

>> I admire your persistence, François.
>
> Yes, but I've never had so much difficulties to install an application.
> And so little help !
> It's somewhat disappointing !
>
> Note : I can't install a RPM because I'm not root.

Uh oh, this is big trouble.
Suggestion:

Find out who _is_ root, and cajole, plead, beg, maybe as a last resort
consider crying a bit (it is said that crying can help you feel better
if nothing else DISCLAIMER: I don't do a lot of crying, so I can't back
this up from personal experience).

I think that not having qt3-devel files can be said to be an oversight.
OTOH, have you considered skipping 1.3.3.14 altogether, and just going
with 1.3.9? (you will still need qt4-devel)

Greg