[scribus] Fwd: How to make a PDF HD

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 7 18:44:38 CET 2010

On 12/07/2010 10:30 AM, Cécile Barbe wrote:
> Hi!
> I'm a totally newby with scribus!
> I'd like to import a picture wirh the tiff format; which i've done!
> But then I'd like to export tjis pucture as a PDF HD of 300DPI for the
> printing service.
> He sent me a file as example; when I open it in scribus the picture does not
> appear!
> When I open it with a pdf reader, I can see two layers!
> How can I do the same?

I suspect I'm not the only one confused by your post.

AFAICT, PDF HD refers to a PDF reading app for Apple hardware/software,
so to say that you want to export "as a PDF HD" is a bit nonsensical.
The first question might be whether PDF HD can accept the various PDF
formats or only certain ones.

It's also not clear whether you understand that Scribus is primarily a
PDF-creating application, not a PDF reader. To be sure, it can
incorporate a PDF in a document, but there are limitations.

Why a printing service would care about PDF HD another quandary.

Rather than being more verbose and perhaps confusing you (if I haven't
already), I think I'll leave it at that and wait for your response.

Greg