[scribus] Scribus 1.3.9 - MacOS X, 10.4, G4 processor - crashed during program load

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Dec 6 15:47:03 CET 2010

hi martin

>> Hello to all Scribus developers and system builders,
>>
>> thank you very much for publishing Scribus 1.3.9 and for obviously
>> seemingly trying to produce a version even supporting MacOS X 10.4,
>> still using the G4 ( not Intel ) processors :
>>
>> See
>>
>>    - http://sourceforge.net/projects/scribus/files/scribus-devel/1.3.9/
>
> Where does it say that it runs on 10.4?
>
> The supporting libraries have been compiled on 10.5, as with the
> previous Scribus-1.3.8. Even if the Scribus executable itself was
> compiled for 10.4, it will not run on 10.4. For this to work, the
> libraries would have to be built with the MacOSX10.4u.sdk, too.

it's not written anywhere but 1.3.9 should have been working on 10.4.

craig asked me to test the .dmg in 10.4 (both ppc and intel) but i
failed to run it (as you correctly point in your mail).

if you have any hint to give to him on how to get a dmg which also works
on 10.4, please add it to the bug report i've opened:

http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=9548

from the number of request we get, i think that we should really try to
support 10.4 users who can't use fink or mac ports for scribus 1.4

and, btw, thank you very much for your fink package! i've already
updated my scribus here and it works like a charm!

ciao
a.l.e