[scribus] Scribus and DTP classes

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Mon Dec 6 04:04:40 CET 2010

Pittman<gregp_ky at yahoo.com>  wrote:
> >> It's easy enough to begin by using the wiki, both as a place to
> >> start, and in particular as a place to shape the content of the
> >> course by creating a working outline.
> >
> > Let me offer an alternative idea. Consider:
> >
> > - The purpose of this effort is to educate people on DTP
> > generally, and DTP on Scribus specifically.
> > - Probably the best way to educate is to demonstrate.
> > - Most of what people use Scribus for is newsletters.

Well I am not most people. I use Scribus 1.5.0 for covers because of
the LSI PDF X/1-a requirement and also the CMYK requirement, which
neither Gimp nor Inkscape can handle. I also found it useful for
putting together cover letters etc. as part of a review packet.
Newsletters are a natural for Scribus and important, but it also
excels for cover art.

--
John Culleton,
 typesetting and indexing http://wexfordpress.com