[scribus] Scribus and DTP classes

jwminer at accessvt.com jwminer at accessvt.com
Mon Dec 6 03:18:16 CET 2010

John JJ wrote:
> I'm trying to think of a way to tie the proposed Scribus online
> modules
> with Jacci Howard Bear's site.

You could try contacting her by e-mail and seeing if there is
interest in linking to the proposed Scribus instruction site. I
haven't explored her DTP site in depth, but at another about.com
site, http://graphicssoft.about.com, there are many links to other
related sites. The site routinely covers the Gimp and has several
tutorials on the Gimp. See
http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/gimp/The_GIMP_Resources_and_Tutorials.htm
for links to other sites. I see links to other sites on the first
page of desktoppub, so maybe there would be interest. It would be
great because so many more people would hear about Scribus and I
know many would like to know about a high-level DTP application that
is *free*.

> And the mo//re I think about this idea the more I conclude that I
have
> bitten off a whale-size project.

You could start small and expand as interest grows, but it could
become a full-time job (without full-time pay unless the direction
changes somewhat).

graphicssoft.about.com has a free Photoshop Basics e-mail course
that you may want to take a look at. You could see one approach to
an online course. This is the URL:
 http://graphicssoft.about.com/c/ec/1.htm
--Judy M.
  USA

Registered Linux User #397786
Being productive with VectorLinux 6.0 SOHO