[scribus] Python Freezing was Re: 1.3.9 debian builds?

José Antonio Rocha joseantoniorocha at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 00:24:10 CET 2010

This occurs in Ubuntu since 10.04, as I can tell.

Scrpts that import Python modules like PIL run until finish but don't
return control to scribus, that got stucked and may be killed.

Reproduce with FontSample.py script or my photo-resample script:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Image_crop,_resize_and_CMYK_conversion._Save_and_reload_in_TIFF_format

2010/12/5 Peter Linnell <plinnell at scribus.info>

> Hi,
>
> On 12/05/2010 06:12 PM, José Antonio Rocha wrote:
> > <heresy>
> > Scribus 1.3.9 run "platinum" in Wine (without the Python-modules-freeze-bug
> > that plage Linux packs recently).
> > Congratulations to Scribus Windows packer team (and Qt guys).
> > </heresy>
>
> Huh ? Python modules freezing is a major bug. Which distro does this
> occur ? I've not seen it, nor have any of the other developers to my
> knowledge.
>
> <snip>
>
> Peter

nome: "José Antonio Meira da Rocha"  tratamento: "Prof. MS."
cargo: "Coordenador do Curso de Relações Públicas Multimídia"
ies: "CESNORS/Universidade Federal de Santa Maria"
googletalk: email: MSN: joseantoniorocha at gmail.com
ICQ: 658222 Skype: "meiradarocha_jor"
veículo: [ http://meiradarocha.jor.br ]
fone: (55) 9651-0686