[scribus] Tooltips blank

keith bruner bclep at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 5 18:37:49 CET 2010

Good morning, I am a newbie here and to Scribus and to DTP. Most of you
are along way above my level of expertise and I have enjoyed the list and
archives, learning alot.

I have both 1.3.8 and 1.5.0 svn installed. Neither of them show any text
in them in the tooltips. I don't believe the problem to be a Scribus
problem but rather a QT thing. I had QT4 Settings, and QT4 Designer and
the tool tips in them were blank as well. I played with the palettes in
the QT4 Settings program and could not effect a change. The Inactive
Palette being the one that controls the text in Tooltips apparently.

I have asked in a couple of other places if any one has any suggestions as
to a fix, but so far I have had no reply.

I don;t know if the problem could be related to system and kernel. I am
running Ubuntu 10.10 on 2.6.37 kernel.

Thanks for any suggestions and I will try not to be a top poster.

keith