[scribus] Scribus and DTP classes

Steve Herrick estebandido at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 18:38:02 CET 2010

On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 10:02 AM, Gregory Pittman <gregp_ky at yahoo.com> wrote:

> It's easy enough to begin by using the wiki, both as a place to start, and
> in particular as a place to shape the content of the course by creating a
> working outline.

Let me offer an alternative idea. Consider:

- The purpose of this effort is to educate people on DTP generally,
and DTP on Scribus specifically.
- Probably the best way to educate is to demonstrate.
- Most of what people use Scribus for is newsletters.

With that in mind, instead of an online course or a wiki, how about...
a newsletter?

I'm thinking something printer-ready (obviously), on A4 or US Letter,
or maybe both. Maybe 12 pages, every other month.

If there was a "Basics" section and an "Advanced" section, it would
appeal to more people. And, because a newsletter is an ongoing thing,
a little bit of mission creep wouldn't be a bad thing.
--
Steve Herrick

Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just
enough money not to quit.
- George Carlin