[scribus] top-posting

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sun Dec 5 09:53:48 CET 2010

hi

> On 12/04/2010 06:59 PM, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> > Another thing I see is that many of those who top-post simply keep
> > adding onto a post rather than trimming it down to the part they
> > wish to comment about. Especially if you're familiar with a thread,
> > you don't need the entire thread contained in each post.
>
> The only thing worse than that, IMAO, is quoting the entire message,
> including several previous messages and then put one or two lines of
> new text at the bottom.  Replying to something in the middle of the
> quoted text instead of at the bottom seems to be compulsory with some
> people.

sorry to disagree: the worst case are those persons who quote the whole message and do manage to add one small reply of one or two lines in the middle of 5 pages of text.

and when they only add one line, they mostly manage to get the quoting char (the '>') in front of their contribution.

but we love you all, don't take it personally :-)

ciao
a.l.e