[scribus] setLineSpacingMode()

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Fri Dec 3 20:52:13 CET 2010

Gregory Pittman wrote:
On 12/03/2010 12:30 PM, Henry Hartley wrote:
>> > I'm working on a scribus script and I'm getting an error message
>> > when I try to set the line spacing mode for a text frame.
>> >
>> You should always rely on the docs with the version you are using.
>> Apparently, setLineSpacingMode is obsolete.

It's funny. I'm so used to just looking at the Scripter API online that it didn't even occur to me that there was a version specific copy installed with 1.3.6. Sure enough, setLineSpecingMode() is not listed there. That seems a bit odd to me but I'm sure there was a good reason.

>> Set the desired mode as your default for text frames. I think that
>> left unspecified, this will be the mode for a script-created text
>> frame.

It's not obvious to me where this would be done. There doesn't seem to be any place in File => preferences for this. The "Tools" page seems the most reasonable place for it but I don't see it there.

>> Use a style with your desired mode, then apply that style with the
>> script.

Yes, I could to that. Anyway, setting the line spacing with scribus.setLineSpacing() to the same as the font size seems to give me what I want. Thanks.

--
Henry