[scribus] setLineSpacingMode()

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Fri Dec 3 18:30:55 CET 2010

I'm working on a scribus script and I'm getting an error message when I try to set the line spacing mode for a text frame. Here's a short script that exhibits the error for me (1.3.6, but I'll be upgrading to 1.3.9 soon, if that will make a difference).

#!/usr/bin/env python

import scribus
import os

# Create a new document (this is one line)
if scribus.newDoc(scribus.PAPER_LETTER, (40, 40, 40, 40),scribus.PORTRAIT, 1, scribus.UNIT_POINTS, scribus.NOFACINGPAGES, scribus.FIRSTPAGERIGHT):

	# Create a text frame and put some text in it
	Lpic = scribus.createText(100, 100, 300, 40)
	scribus.setText("This is a test.", Lpic)

	# Here's where the error comes
	scribus.setLineSpacingMode(1, Lpic)

When I Run that I get the following:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 8, in <module>
  File "C:\temp\photographs\test.py", line 14, in <module>
    scribus.setLineSpacingMode(1, Lpic)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'setLineSpacingMode'

setLineSpacingMode() is documented here: http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=scripterapi-textframes#-setLineSpacingMode.

Clearly I missing something but don't know what.

--
Henry