[scribus] Announcement: Scribus 1.3.9 released

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Thu Dec 2 08:39:26 CET 2010

On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 09:11:02 -0500
Gregory Pittman <gregp_ky at yahoo.com> dijo:

>> I'm still waiting for it to appear in the Fedora repositories as
>> well. But it will get there. I can be patient.
>
>I know that Fedora will indeed have a 64-bit update, and probably
>soon. Ubuntu was supposed to be helping us get Scribus into the
>mainstream repos for the various *buntus, but I don't know the status
>of that.

I am giving my long awaited presentation on Scribus to our local LUG
tomorrow evening. It would be cool if I had 1.3.9, but it's still not
in the Fedora updates repo. Apparently it is in updates-testing, and I
tried to enable that repo temporarily just so I could grab it easily,
but yum is a mysterious woman. I followed the man page to the letter,
but it does not work - "yum --enablerepo=updates-testing." And instead
of telling me specifically what I did wrong it just dumps the contents
of --help. I long for my Ubuntu days when I could use Synaptic.

Oh well. My audience knows little of Scribus. They probably won't even
notice I'm still using 1.3.8.