[scribus] Printer Profiles?

Jim Ford jaford at watford53.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Dec 1 21:04:11 CET 2010

On 12/1/2010 6:20 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:

> On 12/01/2010 06:39 AM, Jim Ford wrote:
>> It seems to be a
>> major drawback for people like me that only want a few copies, rather
>> than 1000 off from a print shop!
>
> I think the devs may be thinking in terms of making Scribus a major
> player in the professional field and ignoring the fact that much of the
> user base is amateur.

Yes. It's a great product and getting better, but as you say "much"
(probably most) "of the user base is amateur". And as that user base
usually will want to print small quantities of their work on their home
printer, the absence of colour management for their printers is a very
serious drawback.

I might try a convoluted workaround by exporting from Scribus to pdf and
then loading the pdf into Photoshop and printing from there. It'll be
messy and I'm not keen on the idea, though!

Jim