[scribus] Printer Profiles?

peter linnell plinnell at scribus.info
Wed Dec 1 19:48:38 CET 2010

On 12/1/10 3:39 PM, Jim Ford wrote:
> On 12/1/2010 1:47 PM, John Culleton wrote:

>>> Ermm - not in my copy of the Scribus manual. It's 'The Action
>>> History' on page 159 on. Is it a later manual than the 'Official
>>> Manual' published by 'FLES Books' that you're referring to?
>>>
>>> Jim
>
>> Hit the wrong key. The correct page reference is 258: "Color
>> Management."
>

> The problem is that Scribus colour management won't use profiles for
> inkjet printers, and only shows the standard professional printers - not
> a lot of good for us amateurs that don't have offset litho printers in
> our bedrooms where we operate!
>
> Is this fixed for 1.3.9, or is there a 'workaround'? It seems to be a
> major drawback for people like me that only want a few copies, rather
> than 1000 off from a print shop!
>
> Jim

It is on the roadmap for the future. However, it takes some major
reworking of the color management code inside Scribus. Those kinds of
things need serious testing on all 4 platforms we support, so this is
not something we would try to bring into 1.3.9/1.4

The upside is next gen Scribus will have a much more flexible color
management architecture and it will allow exactly the kind of color
managed printing for a wider range of printers than we support now.

HTH,

Peter