[scribus] Printer Profiles?

Jim Ford jaford at watford53.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Dec 1 15:39:40 CET 2010

On 12/1/2010 1:47 PM, John Culleton wrote:

> On Tuesday 30 November 2010 17:30:55 Jim Ford wrote:

>>> The use of ICC profiles is explained in full on page 158 and
>>> following of the Scribus Manual.
>>
>> Ermm - not in my copy of the Scribus manual. It's 'The Action
>> History' on page 159 on. Is it a later manual than the 'Official
>> Manual' published by 'FLES Books' that you're referring to?
>>
>> Jim

> Hit the wrong key. The correct page reference is 258: "Color
> Management."

The problem is that Scribus colour management won't use profiles for
inkjet printers, and only shows the standard professional printers - not
a lot of good for us amateurs that don't have offset litho printers in
our bedrooms where we operate!

Is this fixed for 1.3.9, or is there a 'workaround'? It seems to be a
major drawback for people like me that only want a few copies, rather
than 1000 off from a print shop!

Jim