[scribus] transparency in pdf export does not work

S. Knotz sknotznews at online.de
Tue Aug 24 18:13:53 CEST 2010

  Hi there,

I did not explicitly state it that way: 100% transparency works, it's
just the graded transparencies that are not translated.

I just created a new example file because I already changed all the
transparencies in my work file. With PDF 1.5 export it works properly,
with PDF/X-3 export it does not. I tried PDF 1.5 yesterday and it did
not work properly. I must have changed something else in the meantime,
can't remember what it could be.

Now, I just introduced some semitransparent stuff back into my original
work file. When I choose PDF/X-3 transparency does not work, when I
choose PDF 1.5, it translates everything how it should. The same results
go with my new checkfile. I attach both results of the transparency
checkfile and the png-picture I used for that with semi-transparent rim.

In the main Scribus properties, where you can set pdf-export properties
you can only preselect pdf 1.3, 1.4, and 1.5 compatibility. Maybe it has
to do with that?

Thanks for caring for my issue. With PDF 1.5 everything seems to work
now, still it is probably worth to check out what happens with the
PDF/X-3 export.

I can still try to use the bug-report though I haven't done that before.
I am not at my computer the next days, so it may take a while if I don't
manage right away.

Susanna

--
Susanna Knotz