[scribus] Scribus vs. PageMaker 7.0

Thomas Wyatt raiders5000 at msn.com
Wed Aug 18 22:18:35 CEST 2010

  Hi All,

I saw this application on filehippo.com and decided to download it. I
see it resembles my current document application PageMaker 7.0a. I am a
newspaper publisher in my family business and never made the jump to any
other program like InDesign. I wanted to know from you all if Scribus is
powerful and dependable enough to use as a primary newspaper maker. My
papers are published once a week every Friday. PageMaker has been great,
but I'm ready to move on to something more updated. Any feedback and
comparisons of the two programs would be greatly appreciated; especially
the pros and cons.

Regards,
Tom