[scribus] Can't open from network volume

Peter Palmreuther pitpalme+scribus at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 09:27:29 CEST 2010

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 13:06, Craig Bradney <cbradney at scribus.info> wrote:
> On 12/08/2010, at 10:35 AM, Louis Desjardins <louis.desjardins at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 2010/8/10 Peter Palmreuther <help at scribus.info>
>>
>>> Submitted on 08/10/2010
>>> Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]
>>>
>>> Submitted values are:
>>>
>>> Name: Peter Palmreuther
>>> Email Address: pitpalme+scribus at gmail.com <pitpalme%2Bscribus at gmail.com>
>>> Subject: Can't open from network volume
>>> Message:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I can't open Scribus files from any mounted network volume on my Mac.
>>>
>>> I'm using Scibus 1.3.8 @ Mac OS X 10.6.4.
>>>
>>> Is this a known bug/issue?
>>

>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> We have this bug open:
>> http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=9136
>>
>> Your issue look pretty much the same as described, does it?
>
> No it's completely different, but there is already a bug for this.

In fact it seems to be a completely different bug described there.
I'm stil searching the one open mentioned by Craig, but meanwhile
figured I can open the files, if I go to top level directory and enter
"Volumes" as directory name manually.

I'm than able to browse through mounted network volume.

So the bug ain't about being able to open, but about "being able to get there".

Any hints what to search 'bugs.scribus.net' for? Sadly "Platform" and
"OS" filters don't allow me to choose "Mac" or "OS X", I only get
"any". Maybe that's a bug in my browsers (Chrome and Safari)?!?
--
Regards,

Peter