[scribus] Scribus 1.3.8 vs 1.3.3.13svn

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Aug 5 15:01:22 CEST 2010

Murray Strome wrote:
> I have just finished installing Scribus 1.3.8 (Build ID: C-C-T-F-C1.8.10-64bit) in Kubuntu 10.04. It is very different from 1.3.3.13svn! I was wondering if there was some kind of simple comparison chart between the two versions to help me to find the familiar controls/buttons and to briefly describe some of the new features.

comparison chart:

1.3.3.13     1.3.8
bad            good

:-)

the problem with writing a comparison chart is that people who knows
what features are in 1.3.8 have not used 1.3.3.x for years...

> 1. If I open a document created with the older version, some of the text frames became too small to contain the text in them (I had to make them slightly larger).

could you please upload one of those documents to the bug tracker and
attach a pdf created with 1.3.3.13 and one created with 1.3.8 to compare
the differences?
you may create a demo document where this happen and also upload the
fonts you're using (if the font is not free, you can mark the bug as
private and it won't be world readable...)

have fun with scribus 1.3.8
a.l.e