[scribus] Something similar to bleeds, but without duplicated areas?
ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Apr 28 12:31:47 CEST 2010
> I'd like to cut existing A3 documents into 2 A4 pages each, in order
> for them to be printable on ordinary A4 printers. However, in order
> to avoid loss due to printer margins, I need:
> a) bleeds, i.e. a duplicated margin where the page is cut into
> halves, OR b) nicer: a printer margin on both A4 pages where the A3
> page is cut into halves - without duplicated areas.
> Both solutions obviously have to include a slight scaling of the
> contents because the additional space cannot exceed the A4 pages.
> I know how to get a) (by changing the page format + adding inside
> bleeds), but I don't find a way for b). Any ideas? Thanks a lot in
are you printing on your own local printer?
if yes, you may have a look at:
PhotoPrint is a utility designed to assist in the process of printing
* Print photographs 1-up, 2-up, 4-up or with any user-selectable
number of rows and columns.
* Create posters, split over several pages.
* Arrange images into a sort of Carousel, fading from one to
another. (Ideal for CD labels)
* Crop images to fit a specific frame.
* Apply a decorative border to an image.
* Make use of ICC colour profiles to provide accurate output.
* Send 16-bit data to the printer, to avoid "contouring" problems
in smooth gradients.
* Apply a handful of effecs to an image, including sharpening,
removing colour and adjusting colour temperature (ideal for
cooling or warming black-and-white prints).
The PosteRazor cuts a raster image into pieces which can afterwards be
printed out and assembled to a poster.
As input, the PosteRazor takes a raster image. The resulting poster is
saved as a multipage PDF document. An easy to use, wizard like user
interface guides through 5 steps.
am sonntag den 2. mai: grafiklabr in die rotefabrik, zürich
inkscape + mypaint!
14uhr bis 18uhr
p.p.s.: i guess a need a sig for it...
More information about the scribus