[scribus] color opacity

Richard Chonak rac at gabrielmass.com
Tue Apr 27 16:34:01 CEST 2010

On 04/27/2010 03:46 AM, Owen wrote:
 > On 4/27/2010 02:30 AM, Richard wrote:

>> In the text frame properties "Color and Effects" box, there is a color
>> menu and there is a percentage option.  That appears to control the
>> shade, but there isn't a second percentage control for opacity.  Am I
>> looking in the right place?
>>
>> (I'm working with scribus 1.3.5 on Mandriva 2010.)
>

> Yes, have a look at http://members.pcug.org.au/~rcook/images/cp.png

Thanks, Owen.  It doesn't seem to have any effect, though.  Here are
some additional details:

The fill color for the frame is set to "None".
The line color for the frame -- I've set this to "Pink2", with 20%
opacity, and redone the text entry, but the text appears with full opacity.

When I run a print preview, the preflight verifier gives a warning about
the text frame: "Object has transparency".

The document has one layer, "Background", and all the objects are in it.
   Do I need to create additional layers and use layer opacity to
produce the effect desired?  That seems to work.

--RC