[scribus] Get names of pictures

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 26 20:36:35 CEST 2010

On 04/26/2010 11:56 AM, Frank Becker wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> because a "data-accident" and a backup-faillure I had recovered my
> files. But the original filenames are lost.
> Now I have a 4711.sla, 4712.jpg 4713.jpg and so on...
> If I open the sla, the frames with the pictures are empty of course. Is
> there a possibility, that scribus gives out the filenames of the
> pictures I used?
>
> If I use the property dialog, the info isn't there. Can somebody help me
> to recover my sla-files?

Have you tried Extras > Manage Images?

If you have a number of images, this could be rather tedious.

You might check out this script:

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Export_all_text

and especially look at the modification at the bottom of the page for
only extracting image pathnames. For 1.3.3.x versions of Scribus, this
script should be included as Extract Text. I think it should also work
on 1.3.6 and so on.

Greg