[scribus] Taking the plunge with Scribus!

Ole Madsen philimorept at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 25 19:23:40 CEST 2010

--- On Fri, 4/23/10, John Culleton <john at wexfordpress.com> wrote:

> As I posted before you can create imposition by  using
> the PSUtils package.
> I posted the script I use for my task. Your script might be
> a little
> different.
> --
> John Culleton

Thanks John.  I saw your script, and I have no doubt it will do the job.  However (being somewhat lazy) I was holding out for something with a GUI, or even better, to convince my print shop that they can easily do the imposition for me.

I think Adobe Reader 8 may be the answer.  I know the print shop has it, or likely the professional version of Adobe - but that should supposedly be even better than the freebee reader.

My only question at this point has to do with the printer margins.  What works on my own HP Deskjet does not necessarily work on a big professional machine.  Does this need to be dealt with in Scribus before the pdf is created?  Or does the Adobe Professional give the operator some control over where the print-out is placed on the paper?

Ole