[scribus] beginner's luck, or lack thereof

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Sun Apr 25 00:36:51 CEST 2010

a.l.e wrote:
[]
> [ 77%] Building CXX object scribus/CMakeFiles/Scribus.dir/main.cpp.o
> Linking CXX executable Scribus
> /usr/bin/ld: warning can't open dynamic library:
> /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/sw/lib/libpixman-1.0.dylib referenced
> from: /sw/lib/libcairo.dylib (checking for undefined symbols may be
> affected) (No such file or directory, errno = 2)
[etc]

The question is whether ld tells the truth or not, that is whether your
/sw/lib/libcairo.dylib indeed references the nonsensical
/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/sw/lib/libpixman-1.0.dylib or not.

You can decide this by running

   otool -L /sw/lib/libcairo.dylib

If this shows indeed /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk in front of
/sw/lib/libpixman-1.0.dylib and similarly for libglitz.1.dylib,
libpng12.0.dylib and so on, then something must have gone seriously
wrong when you built the cairo package and this would need rebuilding.

If, however, ld is not telling the truth and /sw/lib/libcairo.dylib
references in reality /sw/lib/libpixman-1.0.dylib without the
/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk prefix, as it should, then you must
somehow have managed to transmit a weird environment variable to fink's
build system. I cannot guess which one, though.

--
Martin