[scribus] gradient text

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Sat Apr 24 15:20:30 CEST 2010

On Friday 23 April 2010 11:50:48 Dai Butt wrote:
> Been looking at the wiki and around Scribus and there does not seem to
> be a way of creating gradient text within Scribus.
> Question two is it possible to rotate a text box without screwing up the
> text inside it if so how?

It is very easy to rotate a text block. I use the technique for spine text
as described in my e-book. You right click on the text block, choose
"Properties" and one of the properties is Rotation.

The techique for filling text with an image is described on page 362 of
"Scribus The Official Manual".  A gradient is an image. The technique is also
described online somewhere but it is a lot easier looking it up in the
book. Those of us writing books should not be shy about investing in one.
Without the manual, and/or a very careful study of the Wiki, you (and I)
are flying blindfolded through the Alps.
--
John Culleton
"Create Book Covers with Scribus"