[scribus] The name of half of letter size paper

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 17:15:50 CEST 2010

2010/4/23 Gerard Cunningham <gerard at faduda.net>

> On Fri, 2010-04-23 at 17:18 +0200, Juraj Fedel wrote:
> > Paper of size A4 folded in half is called A5 size.
> > What is the name for letter sized paper folded in half?
> >
> > Juraj
> >

> Organizer L, Statement, Half Letter, Memo, Jepps
>
> [according to Wiki:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_size#North_American_paper_sizes]

...and printers themselves often call a format by the... format itself! In
shops you will hear "5 and a half by 8 and a half". No mistakes! In fact,
most if not all the people I know in this industry will name just about any
format by the numbers. While many people will know Letter, Legal and
Tabloid, I’d be surprised to find many people aware of something like Junior
Legal... But the article in wikipedia is very interesting nonetheless. :)

Louis