[scribus] Taking the plunge with Scribus!

Rolf-Werner Eilert eilert-sprachen at t-online.de
Thu Apr 22 10:04:37 CEST 2010

Hi Christoph,

There is at least one point I can confirm is confusing though I still
use the 1.3.3.xx version:

>> 4) Tabs in Style Editor.  I make pretty extensive use of all kinds of

To date, I've only been using the tabs for indenting paragraphs with a
negative indent at the first line (what was the term, hanging... drop...
;-) ) anyway: The dialog results in long fractions even if I input pure
integers, such as here:

>> --In the Attributes Box, we see numbers like this: 0.2444 in

I got used to it, but I wonder why it does so.

The other day I needed an indent > 3 cm and it accepted the values, but
then switched back randomly to a very small value. It was after some
fiddling around that I found it actually refuses taking values > 3 cm
(at least as far as I remember, I could look it up for precision if you
want).

> This sounds like a typical Ubuntu bug. I tested under OpenSUSE, as well as
> Windows XP and 7. Repeat after me: If you want to use Scribus, don't use
> Ubuntu!

I'm running Suse 10.3 here.

Regards

Rolf