[scribus] Exporting as PDF

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Mon Apr 19 20:32:15 CEST 2010

On Monday 19 April 2010 12:42:52 Margaret and George McIntosh wrote:
> I publish a small newsletter in different forms using layers to
> differentiate between the different forms, B&W, color for example.
>
> I make the unwanted layers not visible, use export as PDF and the
> resultant PDF included all layers, visible and not visible. Am I doing
> something wrong? How do I make the PDF hide the invisible layers? BTW
> when I print to the printer it works right, only visible layers print.
>
> Windows Vista, Version 1-3-6.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> George

There are two columns of check blocks in  the layers dialog. The far left
with the eye makes the layer visible or not visible while you are working
on the doucment. The next one over with the printer symbol makes the layer
print or not print. These are two different functions.
--
John Culleton
"Create Book Covers with Scribus"