[scribus] text formatting - further help needed!

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Thu Apr 15 05:41:37 CEST 2010

Am Mittwoch, 14. April 2010 23:49:29 schrieb Keith Abraham:
> a.l.e
>
> I see what you mean about only loading text files that have been saved
> by the Text Editor. But it's not immediately obvious and the load file
> dialogue does have an All Files(*) option. Perhaps the Load File
> function needs to be limited to Text file (*.txt) files only.

I don't think this is a good idea. Many text files are saved with another
extension or no extension at all, especially on UNIX-like systems.

Also not that almost all program's file dialogs have the option "All Files",
simply because some (many?) users don't know how to rename a file.

I think we should add a warning in a sidebar in the next version of the
manual.

Christoph