[scribus] text formatting - further help needed!

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 22:57:54 CEST 2010

Keith Abraham said the following at 04/14/2010 02:49 PM :
> I see what Alison Saylor is getting at and she's correct.
>
> Using 1.3.6 or 1.3.3.14:
> 1.  create a text frame
> 2. right click on the frame
> 3. click "edit text"
> 4. select File/Load from File for .odt
>
> all that then appears in the editor is "PK" and one or two other
> characters which I believe are control characters.*

That suggests that the operation is simply loading the file instead of
performing an in-memory unzip, locating the correct information, and then
putting that into the frame. "PK" are the first two characters in any ODF
text document (because ODF is actually a zipped container, and zip files
begin with "PK").

> So there appears to be a bug in the .odt loading.

Yes, there does.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR