[scribus] Louis Desjardins is my hero

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 13 18:50:50 CEST 2010

I want to officially thank Louis for his comments about what we might
call a "thread gone bad". They were most insightful, and Louis certainly
doesn't need to apologize for not being a non-native English-speaker,
since courtesy and compassion know no specific language or nationality.

I especially like the suggestion that someone from KDE attend (and maybe
support - hint, hint) LGM meetings where they can learn a lot about the
good, the bad, and the ugly about software and WM integration.

LGM is, I think, an example of a direction that open source software
should be touting, since, while it may be admittedly esoteric, it is a
forum where some relatively high-level integrative discussions can and
do take place. The advantage that we have, and should capitalize upon,
is that no one there has any proprietary secrets to protect, and
everything to gain from sharing what is known.

Greg