[scribus] light Pdf

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Apr 13 12:11:18 CEST 2010

ciao paola,
> I´m trying to make a portfolio with imgs und vectorgrafik with scribus.
> I have to send the booklet as pdf per email
> How can I set the pdf export so that the file will be light (max 5 MB)?

scribus is still oriented to a perfect print job and not really
optimized for web publishing...

there are several ways to "enhance" your pdfs:

- crop and scale the images in your bitmap editor.

- if you're using linux there some script in the wiki for shrinking the
size of the text part of the file pdf file (after having created  the
pdf file)
  http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Web_optimised_PDF

- "recreating" the file with acrobat may also help.

ciao
a.l.e