[scribus] Crop capability.

TSH tsh.gmane at miserableoldgit.me.uk
Mon Apr 12 17:27:51 CEST 2010

Gregory Pittman wrote:

> On 04/08/2010 07:18 AM, a.l.e wrote:
>> hi dai,
>>
>>> I know Scribus is not meant to edit text like a text editor but
>>> could something like TinyMCE be incorporated into scribus as a
>>> plugin
>>>
>>> http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/
>>>
>>> not sure if is possible as TinyMCE is for web stuff but there might
>>> be somethig similar out there. If you do this as a plugin you
>>> preserve Scribus as a layout program but allow individuals to add
>>> that bit axtra if they wish to.
>>>
>>> Just a thought.
>>
>> no, i don't think that it would make much sense.
>>
>> - tinymce is developed in javascript which is a language for the web.
>> i don't think their library can be used by a c++ program like scribus
>> or integrated into qt (btw, qt has similar libraries, too)
>>
>> - tinymce does not support any of the advanced formatting features in
>> scribus
>
> I think what we already have should suffice -- a connection to Gimp or
> some other tool to crop (and obviously much more).

I'm comming late to this thread, but I think the existing ability to
right click and edit an image in Gimp is sufficient.

However, what I find frustrating is that once one image has opened in
Gimp, clicking on Edit Image in the context menu just brings up a
message saying Gimp is already running, and so the image has to be
opened outside of Scribus.

The ability to open more than one image at a time from the context menu
would be very helpful. Or maybe even the ability to drag and drop an
image from Scribus into Gimp (dunno how feasible that is).

--
Stewart H

Posting via Gmane