[scribus] Hyphenation

Neal Delmonico ndelmonico at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 11 19:30:51 CEST 2010

Submitted on 04/11/2010
Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.6.26]

Submitted values are:

   Message:
I am working on a book of English essays and I am having trouble with the
hyphenation feature of Scribus 1.3.3.14.  Many times it hyphenates a word in
the wrong place and I do not see a way to correct it.  The smart hyphen
feature does not seem to work in my instance of Scribus  running under
FreeBSD.  Neither the hot key for smart hyphen works nor is it shown on the
relevant menu.  Yet, there it is clearly in the manual.  Why is there this
discrepancy?  Have I not configured the program properly?  I also have
Scribus installed on a Windows 7 machine, both 1.3.3.13 and 1.3.5.1 and there
is no smart hyphen in either of those versions.  Any suggestions on how best
to correct a mis-hyphened word in Scribus without a smart hyphen?

Much obliged.

Neal

   Contact information:
     Name: Neal Delmonico