[scribus] Using Clipboard in Scribus

Viv n Pete Banks petviv at bigpond.com
Sun Apr 11 05:40:54 CEST 2010

Gregory Pittman wrote:
> On 04/10/2010 03:39 AM, Viv n Pete Banks wrote:
>> I have just installed Scribus 1.3.6 and cannot seem to be able to import
>> via the clipboard. Can I do this, and if so how do I go about it? Seems
>> to me that a DTP app that can't paste from the clipbd is about as much
>> use as a chocolate teapot! :-) Hope someone can help me. Thanx, Pete
>
> I use KDE on Fedora 12 and sometimes find some weirdness in pasting
> from Klipper, usually not so much with Scribus. Usually it's just a
> matter of going to Klipper and making sure the right item is selected.
>
> So what are you trying to copy, and from where? Another app?
>
> Greg

Thanx for your reply Greg. I am a crossword compiler, and am trying to
paste a grid from Crossword Express. MS Publisher always did it for me,
and Open Office Writer does it also. I just need more DTP features so
thought I'd try Scribus. The file I'm trying to access is a metafile.
Oh, and I'm using Vista   Thanx a heap, Pete.