[scribus] Scribus PDF Error

Randolph Bentson bentson at holmsjoen.com
Sun Apr 4 19:01:44 CEST 2010

On Sun, Apr 04, 2010 at 08:48:17PM +1000, Craig Bradney wrote:
> 32 or 64 bit build? Remember no matter how much ram you have, your os
> and apps can only access so much if they are still 32 bit

Your reply permits a possible misinterpretation, so I'll emphasize
the addressing limititation is "per process". (Unless there's some
architectural tricks I've not explored.)  With the memory management
in the kernel, processes can be spread out over lots more than the
4 GiB you may be referring to. The remaining issue is then "Does
this one process require more than 4 GiB of memory?" If the answer
is "no", adding more memory will help performance (although it
won't deal with program failues due to other reasons).

--
Randolph Bentson
bentson at holmsjoen.com