[scribus] using symbols like ', ^, ~

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Sat Apr 3 13:05:44 CEST 2010

Christoph Schäfer wrote:
> Am Samstag, 3. April 2010 01:33:15 schrieb Gustavo Nicodemo:
>> Submitted on 04/03/2010
>> Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.6.26]
>>
>> Submitted values are:
>>
>>    Your contact information:
>>      Name: Gustavo Nicodemo
>>      Email Address: lgnicodemo at hotmail.com
>>    Your request content:
>>      Subject: using symbols like ', ^, ~
>>      Message:
>> I can't use symbols like "~", very used in portuguese writing. To obtain
>> "ã", for example, usually just need to press '~' and 'a'. Doing this I'm
>> obtaining "~a" in Scribus.  What I need to do to obtain "ã"?. Thanks.
>
> This is an issue with some Linux distros, including the one you are using. One
> of our developers is currently working on a fix that will prevent the issue
> on those platforms. It won't be available for 1.3.3.x, though.

Not only Linux:

On MacOSX 10.6 with the X11 version of Scribus-1.3.6, dead keys do not
work, neither in the story editor nor directly in the text frame.

With the aqua version, dead keys work in the story editor, but not in
the text frame.

Composite characters that are directly available, for example accented
characters on a French keyboard or c-cedilla on a Portuguese keyboard,
are working in all these cases. Only the dead keys do not work.

--
Martin