[scribus] manual

S C ribus id746-scribus at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 28 12:21:17 CEST 2009

And they don't expect
> to publish
> more than ten books.

I would say with the way they handled this print run they're probably going to get a Raspberry award and never get enough customers for 10 books.

I was thinking that for a second edition it could possibly be more efficient to have them printed in one go and stored in one place, and ship them ourselves. How much capital would a 1,000 or 2,000 run require? If 20% of the stock is sold on preorder, and postage costs are prepaid, this will possibly cover 45%-60% of printing cost, we would simply need someone to pick the stock up at a local printshop and have the storage room and the spare time to bring them to the post office in batches every Saturday morning.
We could save more time and money by prepacking them individually.

By the way THANKS to Christofer and all Scribus developers for keeping their heads relatively cool and their great work on the manual.

BTW Who would follow me on the "donate a manual" initiative - burn a CD, give your first edition to a local library once you have your second edition in hand? We could make a list on the wiki and a to-donate list of cities with a suitable library to donate to.

Cedric