[scribus] Please help-Scribus issues

Cliff Allerton caller at cabletv.on.ca
Tue Sep 22 21:28:55 CEST 2009

I recently downloaded Scibus to my XP Desktop [was this OK ?] and have created several simple files that passed verification.
I saved these as a PDF and that's where my problem begins. Going  to 'File', then 'Export', I arrive at 'Save As PDF'.
Clicking the 'Change' button, the 'Save As' window opens. My files are displayed along with a choice of destinations.
I select the file I wish to export, and then 'Desktop' as it's destination.

When I click on 'Save' nothing happens, What gives ??

Please respond by e-mail.