[scribus] Scribus: Business cards templates

S C ribus id746-scribus at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 22 11:10:21 CEST 2009

> > I understand though that in the Adobe world, some
> companies actually make a decent living out of database
> driven templates and adds-on for catalogues, product
> management...  so to all of us users: developing
> software is expensive, difficult and time consuming, and
> this is the 10% area where Adobe InDesign has a feature that
> Scribus does not have.
> >

> in this field, i don't hink that the adobe world has any
> advantage at
> all! just pay me what you would have paid to those
> companies, who make a
> decent living out of it and i will prove it: i'll deliver
> you the script
> which creates the labels based on your template!
>
> in this field, i think that what scribus lacks, is people
> and companies
> willing to pay just a part of what they would pay for the
> adobe product.
>
> have fun
> a.l.e

Sorry I don't actually need it as an individual, if it were a fully implemented feature of Scribus I personnally would find little use for it, just that few times doing business cards I had a little bit more trouble, but that remained tolerable.

Actually I think next time I am facing this type of project I will try the clone + tile features of Inkscape instead of the align and distribute of Scribus.

As for database scripts, I guess what the OP meant was that it was possibly difficult to find all the information relating to it - but then it is a complex topic too.