[scribus] Business Cards from Scribus?

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 11:09:20 CEST 2009

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 10:21 AM, John Jason Jordan wrote:

>> Have you tried glabels? <http://glabels.sourceforge.net/>,  They have
>> templates for many label manufacturers - over 30 for the Avery brand.

Ah, already pointed out :)

> I'm afraid the current incarnation is hopeless. I couldn't even apply a
> font to a text selection. If you apply a font the text selection
> disappears. Bugs forever.

It's true that gLabels doesn't have rich text formatting inside a
single object, but you can work around that by using several text
frames.

"Bugs forever" is something new to gLabels. Would be good to have bug
reports in the tracker. I'm pretty sure Jim will sort them out.

> It's a good idea, but it needs a great deal of work before it will be
> usable.

I'm probably biased, but it has bee usable for years. It doesn't work
for *you* - now that's a different thing :)

Alexandre